Another unexpected DOTA2 sneak peek! A lot of new information and a confirmation that DOTA2 Beta is live for some time now!
An article posted today pointed out the findings of a particular user after searching for DOTA2 news at Valve’s SteamPowered games website.
The news have been removed now, but the screenshot below shows what appears to be DOTA2 changelogs:
As you can understand this is big, more than big! Let’s see the most important conclusions that can be drawn from this new piece of the jigsaw around DOTA2!
The first unlisted news article from all the way back in November suggests that there is an ongoing closed beta.
18 November 2010 Welcome to the Dota2 Beta!
Meantime, joy some time playing on satoshicircle.com!
Something about a live match streaming service called DOTA TV, similar to Counter-Strike’s HLTV, is also in the works.
27 May 2011 Ah Fresh Meat (welcome new testers)! * Fixed DOTA TV clients connecting and not having any client side tree info.
Here’s a list of what we can speculate based on these findings:
There is an ongoing private beta since November.
Heroes are being added and fixed here and there (Lich, Vengeful Spirit, Death Prophet mentioned), with art gradually being added into the game.
DOTA2 is partially following DotA 6.72 changes, giving us the idea that DOTA2 will reflect the changes in DotA or vice versa.
A live match streaming service called DOTA TV similar to Counter-Strike’s HLTV is being tested.
The Scourge may be called The Dire, as hinted by “* Hooked up Dire version of the Couriers”.
In addition, there appears to be a leaked changelog of DOTA2 in the Dotally Rad website. The user says: “This is provided by a shadowy figure who emails us good stuff sometimes, helps with coding/scripting and uses completely anonymous email addresses, VPNs, etc, for his internet badassery”.
14 Apr 2011 / 20 Apr 2011
– New Hero: Rattletrap.
– New Hero: Furion
– New model for Lich, who is re-enabled!
– Re-enabled Windrunner.
– Temporarily disabled Axe, Necrolyte, and Sven.
– Numerous server crash fixes
– Fixed bug that would give excess gold on tower kills when images were present.
– Fixed bots having a vague sense of invisible enemy units.
– Added day/night indicator.
30 Apr 2011 Hey it’s an Update
* New Hero: Sniper
* New Hero: Dark Seer
* Added Slardar Voice
* Fixed Drow’s agility gain per level. Was 1.0, now correctly 1.9
* Fixed being able to query an enemy hero and see the level of the abilities
* Fixed being able to query an enemy hero and see the level of the abilities.
* Fixed not being able to see cooldown of abilities on friendly heroes.
* Partial Dota 6.72 parity. Please wait on reporting missing ones until the next update.
* New Dashboard has been enabled.
* Hooked up Dire version of the Couriers.
* Fixed Mask of Madness adding 20 constant movement speed on use instead of increasing movespeed by 20%
* Many improvements to Bot AI.
* Improved DotaTV directed framing mode.
* Added DotaTV directed shoulder view.
* Fixed Rattletrap’s Cogs to be killable by his own team (he can do it in one hit).
* Adjusted how Rattletrap’s Cogs arrange nearby units when deployed
they should be better about trapping unitsnow.
* Fixed a bug where if a hero attempted to pick up the Aegis with a full inventory, the Aegis would bind to them
5 May 2011 Cinco de Update
* Added Earthshaker and Kunkka bots.
* Bloodstone now gains charges, rather than stacks a buff.
* Numerous fixes and tweaks to DotaTV camera.
* Hooked up Pudge’s new Rot animation.
* Fixed Fiend’s Grip not working properly on magic immune units.
* Fixed uppercase F not working properly in chat.
* Standardized projectile hits with respect to Sphere, magic immunity, and invulnerability.
* Added projectile dodging to teleports, invisibility, and Mirana’s Leap.
* Kobold Taskmasters now have Speed Aura.
* Centaur Khans now have Endurance Aura.
* Centaur Khans now have War Stomp.
13 May 2011 Who wants an Update
* Fixed Rattletrap’s Rocket Flare to be visible on the minimap again.
* Switched sange and yasha from their orb effect maim to trigger off of an OnAttackLanded event instead.
* Manta move speed doesn’t stack with yasha or sange and yasha. * Fixed Reaper’s Scythe on magic immune units.
* Fixed Fatal Bonds not always adding the primary target.
26 May 2011 Ah Fresh Meat (welcome new testers)!
* 3 New Heroes! Nevermore, Enchantress. and Leshrac.
* Added Tutorial Mode.
* Added Bug Reporter: You can type ‘bug’ in the console for a more detailed form or you can just type ‘bug: [insert bug text here]’ in the in-game chat to enter a new bug on the fly.
2 Jun 2011 Update. Rearm. Update.
* Enabled Tinker.
* If you’re accepted into a matchmaking game while spectating another game, it will automatically remove you from spectating.
* Fixed the Tutorial randomly popping up during non-tutorial games.
* DOTA TV works on replays now.
* Fixed first-ability-randomly-firing-off bug that was caused by errant clicks on the action panel (ttocs found a repro /highfive).
* Fixed Death Prophet’s Exorcism spirits not clamping to the ground.
* Lots of fixes for Illusion, Magic Immunity and Sphere rules.
* Fixed Soul Ring to give the proper mana even when your mana is full.
* Implemented Witch Doctor’s Ultimate Scepter.
* Fixed Echo Slam doing 1 less echo to the initial targets.
* Fixed Corrosive Skin having a bug that caused it to not work properly.
A lot to take in all at once, but this is very exciting news indeed!