Hello everyone and welcome to the patch update of this week. This will be the first patch update that we do together that has both DOTA 2 Main Build and DOTA 2 Test Build. Therefore we will be focusing the immediate news on the main build and in the end of the article we will also include the changes that are added in the test build!
So, this weeks update brings us Bane (Elemental), new auras and visual effects and a few more changes here and there.
So, this week's main features are:
- Added Atropos, the Bane Elemental (Bane) to the game.
- No new hero for next week. (since no new hero added to the Test Build).
- Added Bane!
- Added Co-op matchmaking games versus bots.
- Fixed bug with kill credit when illusions get the kill.
- Charge of Darkness and Wrath of Nature no longer alert the target to attack the caster if the target is far away.
- Fixed Mekansm not healing you if it activated right after you come out of Astral Imprisonment.
- Fixed bug with Astral Imprisonment disappearing from invisible units.
- Fixed Essence Aura triggering on zero cooldown spells (like Ball Lightning).
- Fixed being able to trigger Essence Aura with Toss when there are no valid targets to Toss
- Enabled Outworld Destroyer in Captain's Mode.
- Restored previous Blink double click behavior.
- Fixed Courier Speed Burst canceling Transfer Items.
- Fixed dragging an item from the courier to a hero's inventory not combining an item properly.
- Fixed some audio settings are not saving correctly (speech level, background sound, boostgain).
- Selling items no longer factors into gold-per-minute.
- Added an option to autoselect summoned units and illusions to the game settings.
- Fixed bug with camera jumping up and down when moving the mouse in the minimap while in spectator chase cam.
- Fixed bug with moving the camera and creating selection windows while in spectator chase cam.
- Fixed bug with some heroes having their Ultimate fire when ALT-TAB (or Windows key hit).
- Fixed some game interface settings not saving.
- Fixed bug where having legacy selected at load wasn't disabling the hero, courier, and neutral binds.
- Added specular, texture quality, and render quality to video settings as performance trade-offs
- Various improvements to unit selection/targeting feedback
- Increased maximum number of people in each chat channel.
- Accepting a game invite via Steam will join that person's party.
- Ignore/unignore options now shown for friends in the main menu.
- Added a number of aura effects.
- Fixed Tiny's tree not being properly equipped in his stone grip.
- Fixed an issue where hero movement would stutter on some network connections.
- Added rival death-taunts and other miscellaneous lines to flesh out dialog set for Sand King.
- Made bots want to pick up Cheese with the same rules that they use for picking up Aegis and Rapier.
- Improved bot last-hit logic.
- Bots will now deny using the same logic they use for last-hitting.
- Bots now last-hit and deny while farming a lane, just as they do during the laning phase.
- Fixed issues with loadouts of Bane, Kunkka, and Sniper.
- Fixed bugs with bots geting stuck trying to purchase an item, failing to purchase an item, or dumping items on the ground due to a full stash.
- Bots will stop farming just for buyback when they have 1.5x their current buyback cost.
- If a bot's stash is completely full, they are now more likely to pick their stuff up regardless of its value.
Finally, let's see all the Test Build Patch Notes in detail:
- Enabled Bane in Captain's Mode.
- Bane: Fixed the attack timing on when Nightmare gets transfered.
- Bane: Fixed Enfeeble working on Roshan
- Bane: Fixed being unable to attack allied Nightmared heroes to transfer the debuff.
- Batrider: Fixed being unable to easily pull units over cliffs with Flaming Lasso.
- Batrider: Fixed timing of Firefly damage ticks.
- Batrider: Fixed rounding error with Firefly damage ticks.
- Bloodseeker: Fixed Rupture hurting cycloned units.
- Chen: Fixed Holy Persuation interrupting allied channeling spells on cast (rather than upon tping).
- Death Prophet: Fixed Exorcism hitting an invisible hero if the hero was hit before.
- Death Prophet: Fixed Silence not affecting basic units.
- Dragon Knight: Fixed Elder Form's Corrosive Breath and Frost Breath working with DK illusions.
- Faceless Void: Fixed Courier interaction with Chronosphere
- Jakiro: Macropyre now does the correct amount of damage with a Scepter.
- Jakiro: Fixed Macropyre not hurting siege units.
- Omniknight: Fixed Repel canceling Ursa's Overpower.
- Outworld Destroyer: Fixed Astral Imprisonment being able to cause you to lose mana regeneration.
- Pugna: Fixed Netherward mana degen not showing the proper numbers for players.
- Spirit Breaker: Fixed Netherstrike vs cycloned units.
- Tinker: Fixed Rearm refreshing level 2 and 3 of Necronomicon.
- Ursa: Fixed Fury Swipes incrementing when the attack missed.
- Vengeful Spirit: Fixed Wave of Terror hp loss not properly functioning on magic immune units.
- Warlock: Fixed Golem being considered a creep for some spells like Paralyzing Casks.
- Attributes can no longer fall below 1.
- Fixed some issues with negative mana regeneration.
- Fixed Basher stacking with Spiritbreaker/Slardar/Faceless Void's bashes.
- Fixed Armlet not draining life while you are magic immune.
- Fixed couriers not being able to use wards.
- Fixed temporary trees (like Sprout) not respecting the pause.
- Changed Empowering Haste passive legacy key to G to avoid stomping H (halt).
- Captain's Mode now has 5 bans once again.
- Added countdown when unpausing the game.
- The spectator graph events now get correctly cleared when rewinding in a demo.
- The tooltip for Doom now correctly updates when Doombringer has a Scepter.
- Inventory keys are now hidden while spectating.
- The combat log now works while spectating and in replays.
- Dragon Knight plays a range-enabled effect when Dragon Tail is cast while in dragon form.
- Lifestealer now has his own variation on the lifesteal effect rather than using the generic one.
- Updated Lifestealer's Open Wounds and Infest effects for clarity.
- Updated Bloodseeker's Rupture effect (added blood trail so it's more obvious).
- Updated Rupture effect.
- Announcer now says "Single Draft" when starting single draft mode.
- First Blood lines now play mapwide.
-Added rival taunts and misc. lines to Razor, Zeus, Tiny and Tidehunter to fill out basic voice set.
- Bot difficulty now defaults to Normal.
- Re-added ability for bots to team-roam-and-gank enemy heroes during the latter part of games.
- dota_bot_dump_state can now be run in non-cheat-enabled games.
- Fixed cases where Juggernaut would use Blade Fury and Razor would use Plasma Field when there weren't enough creeps nearby.
- Added Passive bot difficulty level, in which they won't do anything but lane.
- Loosened the time-to-arrive constraints for deciding to defending a lane (should improve base defense).