- The DOTA Store has been introduced.
- The blog.dota2.com website has had a facelift.
- The Spoils of War page has been set up to explain and showcase most of the new changes.
- DOTA 2 made it to the STEAM Workshop!
- Dota 2 will not be a pay-to-win game. All the items in the store are cosmetic, and don’t affect gameplay.
- All of the heroes will be available free of charge.
- A new FAQ has been put together with some interesting information around the DOTA Store.
- Last but not least, Valve said: "As we continue to develop and grow the Dota 2 community and infrastructure, we'll be sending out more invites."
Amazing news for the DOTA Community and once again, I cannot stop stressing this out, Valve shows how much they respect the DOTA community and how much they want us to be involved. The process of the game design, the newly made Dota Store through the Steam Workshop, and of course the constant feedback that they have been asking from us are all proofs of some great decision-making at the Valve headquarters! Decisions that we like seeing everyday of the week!
So, what do you think? Given our last conversation are you satisfied with the new DOTA Store? Do you believe Valve is handling the decision-making behind the "management" of DOTA 2 and it's pricing model well?